Thursday, April 29, 2010

Templates and CSS

First of all, when I turned off the 'default style' and made it 'no style' I found all the backgrounds disappeared and it became simply black and white, no templates or formal layouts.



Advantages of using CSS - well obviously it's quicker, easier and less likely to make mistakes (say if you want all the headings to be the same colour and font; you only have to change it once - Yay! :P). I reluctantly changed my background colours for the body and sidebar; even though I was already happy with how I had it set up previously.
A template can change the entire look and layout of a webpage or website, without changing your actual contents. But the changes can only be made within the template's own limits. I didn't really change my template because I already liked the look I had achieved, but you can change certain details within boundries.

Accessiblity is important to consider when making a webpage because it allows the page to be accessed by different browsers and people (including people with disablities) without trouble. Very important!

Well that's it for now, hope that was interesting for you all, and I'll catch yas next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment